2.27.2012

2012 Oscars Best and Worst Dressed

 Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli.
Italian designers ruled the night. Beautiful dress, bold color. Nicole Kidman wore a similar design by Nicholas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga at the 2007 Academy Awards.   
 Penelope Cruz in Giorgio Armani.
 She is no stranger to Armani's design and she looks gorgeous in it every time. Maybe not the best dressed of the night but definitely a head-turner. The color is beautiful and I've hardly ever seen her dressed badly to a red carpet event.
 Stacy Keibler in Marchesa.
This is one of those dresses you either love or hate. I am not crazy about the material but I do love the details on the right hip. The dress does compliment her figure and it may not look great on everyone. This isn't the red carpet dress every woman would see and go "I'd love to wear that!" but she does look beautiful. I love the simple hair and make up.
Penelope Ann Miller in Badgley Mischka.
Pay very close attention to her neckline. I wouldn't have been able to guess her age if the dress didn't pull her skin so tightly at the neckline. Aging is inevitable but noone should wear a dress that would draw too much attention to aging signs.

 Sarah Hyland in Alberta Feretti Feretti
The dress isn't the worst on the red carpet BUT its hardly age appropriate. The color doesn't stand out, and she needs a steamer. I loved the Christian Siriano dress she wore to the Emmy's last year much more.
 Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford.
She would have nailed this look without the cape. I can't imagine that looks good on anyone on the red carpet and she won't be the first to pull it off.
 Guiliana Rancic in Tony Ward.
Stunning dress, I love the shoulder detail. The only thing I hate about this look is her hair. Perhaps a softer pulled-back do would have been better. It just doesn't work well with the shape of her head.
 Rooney Mara in Givenchy Couture Spring 2009.
She reminds me of Kristen Stewart a lot. They both have that slight awkwardness and quiet nature on the red carpet and its cute. The back of the dress is even more gorgeous than the front. She stays true to her personal style and always gets it right.
 Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace. Shoes by Salvatore Ferragamo
These days Angelina can do no wrong when it comes to fashion because... well she's Angelina Jolie. Not to mention, she's dating the man all women want. She oozes glamour and always looks very confident and sexy on the red carpet.
 Sherri Shepherd
Worst Dressed Nominee
My biggest problem with this dress is that the bra is showing. Thats a faux pas for every woman no matter who or where you are. Her make up is beautiful and so is her hair. If we lose the sleeves and fix the bra problem she could have pulled this look off because the color looks beautiful on her.
 Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen
I am a huge McQueen fan. I love the details on the dress. Her hair color compliments the dress quite nicely and I love that she left it down but kept her hair back. With a dress so busy, its better to keep jewelry simple to avoid over-accesorizing.
Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad
She hardly plays it safe on the red carpet. You'll always see her in something daring and its part of the reason why we love J-Lo. The dress is custom made and it fit is everything. Again, minimal jewelry is key with bold designs.
 Missi Pyle in Valentina Delfino made of organic silk and recycled polyester.
I don't like the way the strap falls on the left shoulder. I'm sure it was intentional but the problem is it doesn't look intentional and its supposed to. It looks like a short dress with no sleeves and they patched everything together at the last minute - the bottom, the sleeve, the broche. and the piece on her right hip. Its a pretty dress but there're a lot of hits a misses throughout the design.
 Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab couture and an Edie Parker clutch
 Best dressed Nominee!
Milla looks like a goddess in this design. You should see the way this dress moved as she walked. Absolutely gorgeous. I don't have one negative thing to say about it. Love the jewelry and clutch and she just looks divine.
Octavia Spencer in custom Tadashi Shoji and Jimmy Choo shoes
Best Dressed Nominee!
She has worn Tadashi designs on the red carpet before and looked gorgeous each time but this dress takes my breath away. The embroidery is flawless and she owned the red carpet the minute she arrived.

Which is your favorite or worst look?

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree!!! My favorite dressed was probably Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for your comment! Sure, I'd like it if we follow each other. I'm already your follower now :) Our oscar report is also coming soon! Make sure to check it out :)

    http://drunkonstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri sure got it wrong with that bra showing and the sleeve is just not nice at all.
    My favorite is Guiliana, her gown is really lovely. As for Angie and the right leg, I reserve my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ill go with J lo for best dressed and Sherri for worst......what was she even thinking? the colour, the sleeves..complete NO NO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I was already following you! Sorry dear, but now I really am following you! xoxo

    http://drunkonstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...